Monday, May 15, 2006

Grilled Chicken with Tandoori Spices

I originally found this in a cookbook for quick weekday meals. Upon a second look I realized that it was about as South Beach diet friendly as anything on their official website, so I tried it and it was an immediate hit. And it smells so wonderful while its grilling!

Note: The first time I made this, I made the mistake of dropping the oiled chicken into the plate of spice mixture and coating it as tho the spices were a breading. Big mistake! It was 5 alarm spicy and would have been a disaster if my partner didn't adore really spicy food.


1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teasoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (or 2 boneless thighs = 1 boneless breast)
2 teaspoons olive oil


Mix spices together in a bowl. Brush both sides of each piece of chicken with oil and rub the spice mixture evenly over both sides.

I grill these on the George Foreman grill for about 9-10 minutes.

Serve with Cucumber Raita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home